.

Logos2Go

Daily thoughts on aesthetics and theology, and the entire world in between.

    subscribe to
  • RSS

A temporary stay

Last night we learned that one of our dear friends -- the one who has led us on two short term missions to China -- went into the emergency room with inexplicable bleeding, and that this has been going on for a month.

This morning I receive two emails:

My mother in California fell on the driveway and had to go to the emergency room. I cannot communicate with my father on the phone because he is hard of hearing. So I can only await emails.

The other email: Andrew's high school Japanese teacher, one of his favorites, dies at age 55. That would be one year younger than me.


Ours is a temporary stay in this world, no matter how much glitzy technology gives us illusions otherwise. It is just a little while.

Logos2Go

John 16.19-20 Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them, "Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, 'A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me'? "Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Logos2Go

Followers