.

Logos2Go

Daily thoughts on aesthetics and theology, and the entire world in between.

    subscribe to
  • RSS

A definition for love

Love is …

… feeling at home everywhere with someone in body, soul and spirit, so much so that, without the other person, it would not be home anywhere. Now, home is the one place in the world we return to (all other places we go to). And home is where things are done together with that someone without pay, and you would be offended if it were not so.

Logos2Go

John 14.2-3 In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

John 14.20-21 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

John 14.23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

1 comments:

Daniel Leslie Peterson March 30, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Agape love is ... giving up my own home in order to move into the home of another.

Post a Comment

Logos2Go

Followers