.

Logos2Go

Daily thoughts on aesthetics and theology, and the entire world in between.

    subscribe to
  • RSS

Cash for clunkers

Put yourself in the clunker's position.

Once you were a new rig. But now you are a clunker.

They're paying money for you not out of love or respect, but because they want to get rid of your toxic influence on the environment.

Once I myself was a new rig.

But now I am fast becoming a clunker.

Yes sometimes I wish I was young again.

But I like being broken in. I like the dents and dings on me.

And when I'm on the road, nobody lusts after me. They just pass me by.

What I have left is only for use, not for show. And not for speed.

My concern now is how to be useful.

Help me not to be jealous of other old clunkers because I see they are so much more useful than me.

One day I will indeed be traded in.

But I don't think anybody knows what that will be like.

Logos2Go


2 Corinthians 5.4 Our dying bodies make us groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and have no bodies at all. We want to slip into our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by everlasting life. (NLT)

1 Corinthians 15.52 ...in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

John 12.24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 31, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Thank God there is no threat of this happening with His clunker trade in program: Success Threatens to Sink 'Cash for Clunkers' Program

Post a Comment

Logos2Go

Followers