.

Logos2Go

Daily thoughts on aesthetics and theology, and the entire world in between.

    subscribe to
  • RSS

My sons and their women

The first lesson I've learned is this: The growth of my family in the matter of daughters-in-law is none of my business.

None of God's blessings to me are my business. (That would be the larger application of the above principle).

By the time my sons select their spouses, any patterns of heaven they have seen in Valerie and me have largely been seen, and have largely been embedded into their beings.

They are all at different stages in this process: oldest son married; second son about to be -- we think next year but we have not received the official news release ...

(They seem to know the venue and the menu ... but the proposal, as far as I know, has not yet been proffered).

And the third son is downstream on this matter. But patterns for him also seem discernible. In other words, he's got a girlfriend, and we like her.


The second lesson is this: It is one thing to see the stretch of the earth and know that he made it all. It is another thing to see science confounded by the intricate orderliness of a single cell.

Somewhere on that subatomic scale are also his ways for us.

Logos2Go


Psalm 16.11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Psalm 8.3-4 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Logos2Go

Followers