.

Logos2Go

Daily thoughts on aesthetics and theology, and the entire world in between.

    subscribe to
  • RSS

YoYo with a few marbles short

So yesterday I get the news that my cat YoYo is having serious problems; he’s been at the vet since I last blogged about him.

Let’s just say we’ve always regarded YoYo as a special-needs cat:

When he jumps up to the table, for example, he doesn’t always make it. Often he goes flop!! back on the floor, taking papers and dishes with him if they are in the way.

When he poops, he doesn’t cover his (enormous) turds – if those turds make it into the litter box at all. In our house you’ve got to watch where you step.

He has an enormous tail. In fact I’ve not seen such a tail on any cat before I saw it on YoYo. It’s so thick and wide you can cut it off and wrap it around you like a fur. It would be fashionable, somewhere.

YoYo came to us as a kitten with KoKo. As kittens, KoKo was the bigger of the two. That changed quickly as YoYo ballooned into an enormous cat. He had to; he had to grow a body to match that tail.

In the sketch, the large one would be YoYo. We should have named him Tundra (as in Toyota Tundra); he is that big.

YoYo is a few marbles sort of normal.

I hear it will cost a hefty sum of money to address YoYo’s illness: ultra sound, surgery -- followed by … no assurances.

What to do? My heart is heavy. I talk to the vet in about an hour.

Logos2Go

Nothing comes to me, but Valerie says we should help the weakest among us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Logos2Go

Followers